Saturday, October 14, 2006

Fear Of Sleeping

Last night whilst resting mine eyes, I was rudely awoken. What occurred was one of the most physically painful and mentally torturous experiences of my short but extraordinary life so far. It was like being shot and being forced to listen to The Kooks all at once. It was bloody 5.30am, and I had leg cramps.

Artist's impression


Writhing in agony, I had to deal with the dual pain of my left calf muscle trying to burst out of my skin and the fact my sleep had been disturbed at this most ungodly of atheist hours. I've never been woken with cramp before, and it was a terrifying ordeal. Following some brief but comprehensive medical research (Google search for 'leg cramps') I've found that (a) they are most common in elderly people, and (b) nobody really knows what causes them. Brilliant.

I sit here trembling as the clock ticks on, and my force of nature calls me to bed at a reasonable hour. But fear pervades my consciousness. Can I risk slipping back into my dangerous slumber, granting those dastardly cramps the chance to pounce once more, unremittingly savage in their ways, ruthless in their methods? Insomnia beckons.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Severe leg cramps are also a sign of heroin withdrawal. Not again Paddy?!

October 17, 2006 8:58 pm  
Blogger Paddy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 19, 2006 8:51 pm  
Blogger Paddy said...

I just haven't got the willpower to stay hooked, and keep slipping into non-use. It's too much of a commitment being a smackhead.

October 19, 2006 9:01 pm  
Blogger Paddy said...

I just haven't got the willpower to stay hooked, and keep slipping into non-use. It's too much of a commitment being a smackhead.

October 19, 2006 9:01 pm  
Blogger Paddy said...

Woops, the left button of my mouse is sticky and keeps performing multiple clicks when I only mean to do one. Thus the number of comments gives a false impression of a raging debate where in reality it's mostly me repeating myself. Four comments.

Oh look, five now.

October 19, 2006 9:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home