Saturday, February 10, 2007

The bird flew

I don't know if I've missed something here but surely if (a) you're a major processed turkey producer, and (b) you know strains of the deadly H5N1 virus have been found in Hungarian turkeys, you (c) generally wouldn't choose to import turkeys from Hungary for your own product. Plus (d) I'm not exactly a fresh food nut, but even I know that (e) Bernard Matthews' processed meats are (f) pumped full of water, (g) laced with sand, and (h) taste like wood shavings. Hang your head in shame Mr Matthews.

I'm fleeing the whole sorry mess in the morning anyway. I'm going to the French Alps (des Alpes Francais) for a week on my first ever skiing trip to gorge on turkey slices of a non-Hungarian origin. I may be able to post from there, if they have the Internet.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How come there is no mention of the biggest footballmatch of the year and it's results? i would have though you would have been running up and down hills for months in preperation but performance would suggest otherwise

February 11, 2007 12:07 am  
Blogger Paddy said...

Regular and closer readers will note the match did get a brief mention...

February 15, 2007 2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home