Sunday, March 09, 2008

Heartbroken

Boro have caused me a lot of anguish over the years but I can confidently say I've rarely felt as low and shellshocked as I do right now. I've been home for our FA Cup quarter final against Cardiff City - a game that presented us with a glorious opportunity to make the semis at Wembley and, given that all of the top teams had already been knocked out, maybe even win it. It was all set up for us so well that Boro could only fail.

I can't really remember being so angered and disheartened by one performance. It's the raised hopes beforehand that make it all the worse. We were played off our own park by a side a division below us in an FA Cup quarter bloody final, and were so half-arsed, inept and threatless throughout that we could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. It's absolutely criminal. I hate football and I hate footballers even more.

3 Comments:

Blogger D.B. said...

On the bright side, it's something we can moan to our grandchildren about.

March 10, 2008 12:04 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a birthday present that was! Worst performance ever. Whose idea was it to keep lumping it up field every single time? Personally, I think Arca needs to be dropped from that center mid position. Ever since he became captain he's been terrible.

Anyway... theres a cake in the fridge with my name on it... I'm off.

March 10, 2008 1:04 pm  
Blogger Paddy said...

Arca does need dropping, you're right. An arthritic Boateng would've been better in there yesterday.

It was certainly one of those days we'll always remember and refer back to as a truly dark occasion.

March 10, 2008 10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home